Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

My New Monthly Challenge

I've taken the plunge to do a monthly scrapbook challenge! I do monthly classes and thought I could show you what we do and hopefully encourage you to join in too. I'm offering up a monthly prize - I will choose the winner each month and announce with the next challenge.

So here is Jelly Scrapbook Challenge #1 and it's a layout challenge. Here is the layout:













Me and my ladies did these as two 12x12" layouts but you can do any size you like. You can rotate, slightly amend the sketch but I do need to be able to see my original design in your finished project. If you want to challenge yourself further you can choose one or both of the following two optional extras:
  1. Family Theme
  2. Black and White plus one other colour
Please add your finished project by linking below to your NEW post (not your main blog). No back-linking and please link back to this post too to be in with a chance of winning the monthly prize. Could you please also turn off word verification if you have it switched on to save me time when I fly around  blog land to oggle at your creations?

I would love it if you could link to my blog using this button in your post or sidebar too:


















You don't have to use Stampin' Up! supplies but I would love to see you using them. Wondering what the prize is for my first challenge?


















It's a kit I've put together for you to scrapbook with of course! A pack of yummy 12x12 Playdate papers, a 12x12 pack of matching Playdate Quick Accents and a reel of Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon. Would you like to see my completed pages? Well I'm going to show you anyway!













I've used Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White for my layouts. The patterned paper strip is from the Neutrals Designer Papers Stack, the gorgeous border is created using the Spiral Trim Border Punch and I've also used Tag, square, circle and star punches too.

Here's the left hand page:


I've used the Varsity alpha set to create my title by stamping in Tempting Turquoise on Whisper White card and then cutting out each letter (sigh!). I don't totally black and white out my photos but I do tend to reduce the saturation levels to give me this muted look which I like. The cute cartoon people are from the All In The Family stamp set and the baby bottle is from Nursery Necessities. Here's the other page:
























You can see I've used Trendy Trees stamp set and also coordinating coloured Markers for some journalling. These photos were both taken on a family holiday to Center Parcs in 2009 hence the trees and I like to add a little journalling so in years to come when I look back, these are more than just photo memories.

If you would like to buy any Stampin' Up! supplies please contact me by phone, post or email and I'll be more than happy to help.

My scrapbooking style is normally quite clean, like my cardmaking. Like any craft it's all down to personal choice. I can't wait to see what you create. Please join in and spread the word. You have until midnight GMT on 22nd March to take part and you can enter a maximum of three times.

I will add a new tab at the top of my blog to link to the current Jelly Scrapbook Challenge to make it easy to find!

Hugs



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea - I will definately be having a go - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, what a great challenge, your layouts are gorgeous!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new challenge darling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how wonderful Victoria! i will be joining in!!! good luck on this new challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great Victoria! Love your layouts, def want to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Victoria for starting a challenge involving scrapbooking. Wish you all the best...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a go, thanks for doing this, great idea, May x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Victoria, great layout - have added my entry above - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x