Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Aqua Brush and Crumb Cake Card

Ooh you know how it is when you have an idea in your head and it doesn't turn out how you'd planned? Well this time it did!!!

I've been thinking of a design using the Growing Green stamp set and finally today went for it! Chrissie and Mandi are on week three of their new challenge blog Less is More and their theme this week is Spring. Now to me, Spring has always arrived once I see pink blossoms on the trees. It's also a special time of year for a dear friend of mine so I've made this card with her in mind.


















I've used Crumb Cake card as my base and rounded off the bottom corners with the Corner Rounder Punch. Then I went for it.........I stamped the image using Melon Mambo ink and then using the Aqua Brush and a little water painted the image using Melon Mambo ink and Whisper White ink. If you've not tried this before, just close your ink pads, squeeze the lid to the base and open to find a small amount of ink pressed in to the lid. Use this as your palette and away you go. I've tried this lots of times before but never with the white pigment ink. i'll be trying it again as I love the effect.


















Once done I stamped the sentiment from So Happy for You in Melon Mambo ink and added a wavy line using the Melon Mambo Marker, I almost drew a straight line but figured a natural image needed a more natural line!

I had intended to get the instructions up today for my Butterfly Prints class but my Father in Law has been admitted to hospital and to be honest I wasn't in the mood for it. I promise to get them up in the next few days.

Hugs
Pin It

31 comments:

  1. PERFECT Victoria
    I agree blossom is a wonderful sight and sure sin Spring is round the corner
    Appreciate your support
    Thank you!
    See you next week
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting Victoria... it's so effective on those petals... lovely colours too.
    Thanks for another great submission. see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of card, just love your crumb card and you have coloured it perfectly.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, you've painted the image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Victoria, I love this stamp but never quite sure what to do with it -you've inspired me thank you
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. The image is beautiful and I love the painting. I've never thought to try pigment ink - has a fabulous effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Victoria
    Stunning card ...love the colours ...very unusual.
    .hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it, Victoria! That painting technique is one I haven't tried...definitely need to give it a go! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I find the whisper white ink?

    ReplyDelete
  10. themessycraftroom20 February 2011 at 18:59

    Beautiful card, love your painting. I've never heard of crumb cake card. Is it something new? It works lovely with your image. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! Love the pink and white on the Crumb Cake base, and that painting effect is just gorgeous. I don't have any SU ink pads but I will give this a go with my other pigment ink pads.
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog.
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorge Victoria, fab colouring and perfectly done on the kraft coloured card :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic technique - thanks for sharing !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your painted blossom. Great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using the white ink to paint gives a gorgeous finish, love it!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Victoria, I haven't used white to paint before either, love the results! another technique to try, thanks
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful card Victoria - love the colours and paint technique is fab!!

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is so pretty. The pink on the coloured base is so effective X

    ReplyDelete
  19. SOOOOOOOO pretty, I love how you have painted the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, I love colour on kraft and this is a great example of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!
    I have never thought to paint with white pigment ink, it has such a wonderful look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty ......love your colouring~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, absolutely stunning Victoria. The pink goes so well against the crumbcake.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow Victoria this is so pretty and thanks so much for the tip on painting with the white ink I'll have to try that
    That stamp is stunning too, not noticed that until now , coz you've brought it alive with your colouring
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fantastic way of colouring!
    Like the combination with the kraft-colour!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is absolutely gorgeous! Those colours and your painting are so vibrant - LOVE IT!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x