Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Hidden Garden Bodge Up

After a craft free day yesterday I was itching to create this morning. My friends Chrissie and Mandi launched their new challenge blog last week 'Less is More' and their first week was a huge success. Let's keep the momentum going and join in with their second challenge which is a one layer card featured flowers or trees. Here's mine:


















Now I've strayed out of my comfort zone for a change and used Always Artichoke card as my base and a rub on as the feature! The gorgeous flower is from the rub on set Hidden Garden Blossoms. I was going to create a border around the image but decided I've seen this alreday on lots of other cards and wanted to do something else. So I chose my sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration FREE stamp set So Happy For You. It's easy to think of this particluar sentiment as one to use on a sympathy card, but sometimes a friend just needs to know you are there, perfect I think. I stamped it using Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder before drawing my line with the white gel pen. Again I had to stop myself drawing the white border all the way around the card!

I  wanted to use the smaller matching rub on to make a gift tag to match and here is whefre my total bodge job happened! Erm, I'd just finished the heat embossing when I dropped the card and smudged the sentiment. Humph:


















Decided it wasn't good enough and used another image to create the gift card instead:


















Now do I get points out of ten for resisting to use any ribbon, pearls or gems on this? Have a fun Sunday whatever you're doing. I'm off for a soak in the bath and then an afternoon of crafting awaits me whilst hubby and the boys have an afternoon to themselves.

Hugs
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Very striking!!! Loving your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely stunning, and very striking. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word says it all "WOW"

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Mrs R. They have such impact!You are such a star at this kind of thing!
    Thanks for the plug and for joining us again.A lovely bunch of people have been joining our challenges... aren't we lucky!
    See you next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Victoria
    They are great rub-ons, look so effective
    thanks for joining us again and the shout out
    Much appreciated
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how the white pops off the green!! Awesome cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and tag Victoria, love the colours you've used. I'm glad it's not just me who botches stuff sometimes - usually that last thing I put on my card after everything else went fine! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So different and so stunning. Love `em to bits.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats a lovely card - and good use of a dark card stock - like the matching tag idea.. (and when the challenge is over you could always add a sneaky ribbon and a bit of bling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, shame about your original tag so annoying when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, very eye catching!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Victoria love your cards and now you've done the challenge you can repair the smudge with a punch cover I'm sure. Hope you enjoyed the bath and the crafting without kids (including DH) Hugs Zoƫ x

    ReplyDelete
  13. very striking .. fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourite colour of background card is black. Your stamps are simple and you have created a beautiful set of cards:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Michelle, the green really lifts it.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning - love the bold colour and white flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! These are fantastic (lol @ your bodge.. i do that so often!) - I'm going to have to add these rubons to my wish list now! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x