Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

A FREE event and a new challenge too

First I'll start with a reminder that tomorrow (Sunday 6th Feb) I'm holding a FREE Stampin' Up! and paper craft event. You can come along and see me at:

Arnold Old People's Welfare Centre
Nottingham Road, Corner of Chrles Street
Arnold
Nottingham
11am - 3pm

There will be tons of craft stash including scrap booking, card making, jewellery making and sugar craft supplies for sale along with a Stampin' Up! demonstration and inspiration area where you can do a FREE make and take, as well as enter my FREE raffle and if you like place an order, book a party or ask me about starting your own Stampin' Up! adventure. Hope to see you there.

Now, my friends Chrissie and Mandi have started up a new weekly challenge blog called Less is More and it's right up my street. Pop along and join in and see what they have created to inspire you. This is their first week and the challenge is pink, black and white, along with the stipulation that your creation is also clean and simple. I couldn't resisit making more than one so here is one card three ways:











I love this colour combo and have used Basic Black, Whisper White and Melon Mambo, along with some Pretty in Pink too. Here's the first card (and my favourite)






















I've used stamps from the hostess level two set Cute by The Inch with textured papers and designer patterned papers too. Here's the white version:






















I've slightly changed the layout on each one but kept the design the same. Here's the pink one, which I think looks a little wonky!






















I've also used the pricking tool and mat pack to create some faux stitching and drawn the stitching using the white gel pen and Markers:


















Well I have tons to do to get ready for my event tomorrow. Wishing Mandi and Chrissie loads of luck with their new challenge.
Hugs

Pin It

25 comments:

  1. ooh these are gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems our challenge was tailor made for these cards Victoria!
    They are simply fabulous!
    Thanks for your good wishes and Congratulations on being the VERY FIRST entrant to our challenges!
    We couldn't have had a more brilliant start!
    These cards are show to perfection that "Less is More"!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria
    I saw your post, without seeing you had entered and thought o WOW they suit our challenge perfectly! lol

    Just fabulous..thank you and Congrats on being our first challenger!

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Victoria!!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant cards Victoria. Love the way you made 3 and mix and matched the colourways. Fab sentiments too.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all 3 designs Victoria, really stylish. I'm loving the melon mambo. Will be in touch soon as I am in urgent need of more cardstock and may have to indulge in this gorge colour!!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this set of three cards shows just how lovely CAS cards are!! They are fabulous. I love the white one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am so impressed! I could have sworn that the stitching was real. These cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely Victoria - the pink is just gorgeous. Scrummy!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. So glad that set is on it's way to me :-)

    Sara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to use up those scraps! Great job with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very innovative way to use scrappy bits too. love the three examples of those inchies . . Good luck for the challenge .

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous cards. I like your choice of deep pink. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fab cards. Love your use of the strong pink. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards. Love the strong pink. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards. Love the strong pink. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vic These are all lovely I like how you made 3 of a kind but varied the colours
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool design! Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, these are stunning!! I must check out Mandi & Chrissie's blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards!!!

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x