Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

Going, Going, Going....

And by Monday teatime will be gone! Not long left but still time to order with me and earn yourself a gorgeous FREE Sale-A-Bration stamp set or to grab an absolute steal of a bargain on the Starter Kit!

Right then, back in my craft room after a few days being too busy to get through the door I have created a project following the recipe set by Mandi and Chrissie over at Less is More. This week the girls would like to see us use three squares. please join in and comment on some of the entries as you're sure to find tons of inspiration by doing so. Here's mine:


















I'm not overjoyed with the quality of the photo but it keeps clouding over and I had to be quick in the conservatoire as Blake was nodding off in the lounge and the door opening disturbs him!

I've used Early Espresso as my base and it's a larger 7x5" card too. The squares are punched using the 1 1/4" square punch from Pretty in Pink textured card. The butterflies are from the Sale-A-Bration Bliss set (I'm going to miss using this one) stamped in Marina Mist. I've layered them up on dimensionals to add some lift to my design:


















I curled the butterflies before sticking them down and added some self adhesive pearls to bring them to life a bit. The sentiment is actually a rub on from the Bday Party pack. It is the same colour as the butterflies but I couldn't photograph it very well.


















I popped on another pearl above the 'i' - almost didn't but pleased I did in the end!

I'm a busy lady this weekend as have to prep for something next weekend and also need to make up some business packs for the new members of Team Jelly! Hello to Lynda and Jacqueline, Mary and Linda!

Hope you all have a fab weekend
hugs

Pin It

35 comments:

  1. This one is a triumph Victoria... love it. It's good to see the texture of the pink card in the close up and I love the pearl dot on the 'i'!
    Thanks again for being here... see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Another fabulous design as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Victoria, I rarely use dark card for the background but I love this. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Victoria, love the way you have curled the butterfly wings, and yes it was a good idea to add a pearl above the 'i' :)
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely combination of colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love the colour combination, and the texture of the card, and the pearl dot on the "i" - brill!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now I wish I'd been brave and used a dark base for my card after seeing how lovely this is!Great colours and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mix of colours here, I would never have thought to put them together, but they work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make such stunning cards Victoria. Everyone makes me think, why didn`t I think of that.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is super yummy combo.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, can't decide what to do for my entry yet!
    Lynnx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stunning Victoria, although your work always is!
    thank you for joining in again
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the colour combination and the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love how crisp the lettering is and the little pearl over the i is genius! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love anything "butterfly"! Awesome card...love that darker background too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - and would you believe that I placed an order today that earned me my free stamp set - guess what I chose - that's right "Bliss".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Victoria, love the colour combo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, well done.
    Maureen.........x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. The colour combination works really well. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi victoria, beautiful card, love the butterflies

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card, Victoria! Great colours and I lvoe those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and colour combination, love the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card, the script butterflies are lovely and the pearls just finish them off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab clean design, love the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is such a stunning clean and simple card x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Victoria

    It was lovely to meet you this weekend. You're cards are quite inspiring! So looking forward to getting down to some serious SU crafting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. An elegant card....love those colours together.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great colour combo love your card

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you have used the butterflies on each square.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautifully simple and gorgeous colours. I'm really feeling I need that butterfly punch x

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi victoria, loving the lovely colours you have used on this
    hugs sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely texture and great colour Victoria - love the placement too. Hugs Cherry XXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x