Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Always worth a look

Sometimes looking at the back of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue instead of the front is such a good plan. I missed a good friend's birthday recently and wanted a belated Birthday sentiment and look what I found in the Bday Party rubs ons pack on page 93!













Isn't it the most fabulous sentiment? I used this as my starter point and turned to the Colour Coach to see what would match well with Old Olive and found this combo - Old Olive, Night of Navy and Pretty in Pink. Not my usual at all but I love it.  The sentiment is so neat and perfect all I needed to do was to use the birthday cake rub on from the same pack:






















I've used a couple of circle punches along with the Scallop Circle punch to create a feature and layered over a strip of Old Olive DSP, added some Night of Navy Grosgrain ribbon and finsihed off with some more rub ons that look a bit like machine stitching. I made a matching gift box but I can't tell you what's inside in case is hasn't reached it's destination just yet!


















Very pleased to find the rub ons work just as well on the patterned paper as they do on plain card. Well it's a very sunny morning here, I'm getting nervous now about taking Zac to get his hair cut this afternoon, he's had so many compliments from other parents about his curls recently, I wonder if I'll bottle it and just get him a trim?

Hugs

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Just fab, I am always missing birthdays, I think I missed these rub ons, I will have another look.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x