Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

Gift for Mum in Law

Ever since I saw this on Angela's blog I've wanted to have a go at one myself! I had the perfect excuse as I needed to make a thank you gift for my Mum in Law as she's given me so much help recently. I haven't given it to her yet but I know she doesn't read my blog!!


















It's such a dull and dismal day today that the photo hasn't come out very clearly. I may try again tomorrow! I'm not a fan of green but I did really enjoy making this. It was a great way to use up scraps and to combine elements that I wouldn't ordinarily get the chance to.

My in laws have recently decorated their kitchen with olive green so I'm hoping these are the right shades to match. I tried to personalise it to their tastes, my father in law is a massive fan of wild birds and owls and my mum in law is into her gardening and has a thing for cocktails - amongst other hobbies!!


















The picture frame is fab as it's a box frame so allowed me to build up lots of layers and have fun with the different elements. I've even used some rubs ons!

I'm going to join in with:
My classes on Saturday  19th February are now fully booked but I do have one space in my scrap book class with a family theme on Tuesday 22nd Feb at 7.30pm. I'm also booking up fast for my 'For Everything' classes on Saturday 26th March so please get in touch if you'd like to reserve a place.

Talking of classes - the instructions for my Love You Much class are now available on my side bar.

Hugs
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I think I'll attempt these for Mother's Day gifts this year. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love it! Think I'll be CASE'ing as well!
    Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I LOVE this Victoria - I want to do one now!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gift is gorgeous, beautiful colours
    Thank you for joining with us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally rocks.... I really need to make one! I'm sure your mum in law will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow !!! your in-laws will just LOVE this I'm sure ,, this is stunning !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x