Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Cake n Ice Cream

It's the start of a new challenge over at Cupcake and even though I stepped down from the DT, I actually set this weeks challenge theme so it would be really rude of me not to join in! the theme is cake or ice cream and I got an old favourite stamp out for this one:


















I've used the same technique as the card I posted yesterday. The image is from Crazy For Cupcakes stamp set, stamped in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake card and then painted with Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Pumpkin Pie. the sentiment is from the same set and stamped in Melon Mambo.

I rounded off the corners and resisted the urge to add bling or ribbon or indeed have a little doodle! I am going to make loads of cards now using this technique as I love it. I can see myself re-visiting lots of my older stamp sets to try this out with as well as some new as yet uninked stamps too.

It's half term this week so I have both my monkeys running around causing chaos so I need to scoot now and keep an eye on them!

Hugs
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful and elegant card Victoria ! I love it ! Hugs an dlove from La Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoo hoo Victoria...totally scrummy Cupcake and perfectly done as always...so pleased you could play along in your own challenge lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria, what a gorgeous card. I love the CAS layout and the cupcake looks good enough to eat. So glad you could play along this week. Lots of love, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colours together! Great card.

    Have a look on my blog, I have a little award for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Victoria! Great you could come back and join us this week at Cupcake, love your cute cupcake card! The kraft looks fab! Hugs Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x