Pages

Thursday 6 January 2011

What's in the box?

As it's the start of a new year, and a year which will see me turn 40, I've started my diet already in a mission to shed a few pounds by the time the big day arrives! So what does my hubby do? Leaves a massive slab of chocolate fudge cake out on the worktop in the kitchen this morning. Funny - not! I have been soooo good and popped it in the fridge for him to eat when he comes home.

So on the subject of cake and chocolate and all things yummy, I made this project:


















The card measures 5 inches square to give you an idea of size and I've used a selection of punches, card and the Sale-A-Bration So Happy For You stamp set. When I first looked at this set I wondered how I could make a card using just this set but I've done it and made lots more too! Here's the card:


















I do like to keep things simple so I've stamped the heart image and the 'So happy for you' sentiment on to Whisper White card and patterned pink paper from the Subtles Designer Paper Stack. These have been punched out with various circle punches and layered up with the two square punches. I've used a mix of Crumb Cake (there we go with cake references again!), Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette and Rose Red card. I punched out just part of the sentiment, rather than using it all as I want this to be a birthday themed card. I can't tell you who it's for as I don't want to spoil the surprise!

And here's the cute gift box I made to go with the card. I've used all the same colours and stamps, just added the use of the scallop circle and scallop border punches.



















Want to know what's in the box?























This is an idea I totally cased from Pam Morgan at the Stampin' Up! European Convention in November. She showed us how to make battery operated tea lights into the cutest little cakes using stickers from the Nursery Suite Accessories kit.

Here's everything together:


















I'm going to join in a few challenges with these:
Hope you likey
Hugs
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. wonderful set
    Thanks for joining in with the Birthday fun at charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria - this is just amazing. So beautiful. Love it.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week and Happy New Year to you and yours. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set! I may have to case your case! I loved turning 40 it was a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab little project, so cute and I love the colours.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria, love your creations hun, your food colours are making me hungry though lol,it could be worse hun I turn fifty next month lol, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW this is gorgeous, don't know how you resisted that cake though! thanks for joining us at fab n funky this week, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is wonderful, I love the color combo and it's nice to see things in a set, super creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this challenge
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely set. This is definitely special. Thanks for joining us at TG.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely set. Yummy colors. Great design. Good for you for putting the cake back in the fridge. lol Thanks for showing us your NEW stuffs at Creative Inspirations this time round. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you really outdid yourself Girl...thanks for joining us at Charisma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card and box. I may have to case this one. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a-mazing!!! I love it. Great project. Thanks for helping us celebrate our birthday here at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project Thanks for playing along with our plain and Simple theme at PAPERPLAY!

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x