Pages

Thursday 13 January 2011

Frosty on the cake

I'm going through a bit of an addiction to making these cute cakes out of candles. If you'd like to see how to make one, just book a party with me during January or February and I'll come and show you how to make one and leave it with you to keep too.

This one is based on a winter birthday theme:


















I've used the owl and the Birthday sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration set Punch Bunch and also the cake and sentiment from Big Bold Birthday. I did cut the ears and feet off my owl as at first I was going to make him in to a penguin, kinda changed my mind part way through! Here's the card on it's own:


















It's come out a bit dull as the light isn't fabulous today, I think it's going to rain some more and my conservatoire is likely to get wet in the process too (it's so old and falling to bits!). I hope the icing looks like snow and the scalloped white card beneath the sentiment too. Here's the inside of the box with the lit candle inside:























Again due to poor light, you can't really see all the patterned papers I've used, except on the cake top. I added some white icing to look like snow. And finally here is everything together with the box open:


















I've had so much lovely feedback about the punch art chocolates I made yesterday - thank you so much.
OK, these are the challenges I'm going to join in with:
Well, it's time to go and make lunch now, but I have to share this cute pic of Blake in his new bath towel before I go, makes me giggle so much:



















Hugs
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Fab work thanks for joining us at SFTW for our new and blue challenge hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design! Such bright colours.

    Thanks for joining us over at SFTW
    Berni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s a verry nice card.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun.
    Hugs Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous set Victoria ,, I love the cupcake candle ! what a fab idea :-) I love everything ,,,, brilliant ! :-)
    aww ,, such a cute photo too ,,, bless him xx

    Thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning. Great cards, in fact everything is fab. You done an awesome job.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x