Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

A card and a fridge magnet

Cor it's a bit frosty today, I've had to leave the heating on or we'll go numb, brrrrrr! Well today I have another set to show you, a card and matching acrylic fridge magnet.

















I've used Early Espresso and Pink Pirouette card along with some accent stickers from Nursery Suite Quick Accents. At first glance it's a predominantly baby themed kit but I've got so many more uses for it!
Here's the card:


















The background has been created by repeat stamping the eat cake image from the hostess level two set Cute By The Inch. Then a simple punched band of Early Espresso Card, a sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration set Happy Moments and some stickers from the Accents pack. I coloured the icing on the cake with a Marker and added a pearl for the cherry!

The fridge magnet is made in the same way. It's one of those acrylic ones with the magnet on the back, you create your design and then click the front cover on. It's about 2.5 inches square. I have a box full of these and intend to start using them now, I think I've had them over a year.


















I stamped the background in the same way as the card but on to a scrap of spotty paper from the Subtles Paper Pack. I thought the small spots on the image would go nicely with it.

I'm going to join in with:
After his first dairy free day, Blake seems a lot calmer today. He slept a little better and has been a lot less agitated so far this morning. Here's hoping it continues! Right I'm off to do some prep for my home workshop tomorrow morning, can't wait to see everyone.

Hugs
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Hello you, I've been secretly following your blog.....lol I'm impressed with your daily posts (well, jealous really....hahaha) just wish I was as organised as you and you have babies too.....lol Loving the cards and your fridge magnet is fab.

    Have a great weekend ;)

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your matching set! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in at frosted designs this week!
    Ps good luck with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the cupcake background on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and magnet Victoria, love the colour combo too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fab set Victoria - love your background using the inchie stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute... love the background you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this project, brilliant idea for the background
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fab projects Victoria... I love the idea of the fridge magnets!
    Thanks so much for joining our Spotty and Dotty challenge at MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful great project. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I love the magnet, I want some now LOL! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x