Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Stamping on fabric

Right, this is my first attempt at stamping on fabric. I didn't have a practice run first which maybe I should have done! Anyway, hopefully I'll get better ready for next attempt.

So I took one of Blake's T-shirts and stamped on it using the Varsity Alphabet stamp set and Fox and Friends. I had intended Blake to model my finished piece of work but he's nodded off after a busy morning and no way am I waking a sleeping bubba! Plus I haven't heat set the stamping yet so maybe that's just as well...























I haven't used Stampin' Up! inks for this as I wanted something that would stay after washing, dribbling and food stains etc so I've used special fabric ink pads. I stamped the letters first and then masked them off with stamped images cut out on post it notes and then stamped Fox and Friends images around his name.

I took Blake to the Doctors this morning to have it confirmed that he is lactose intolerant so from Monday he's on some special lactose free milk and a lactose free diet for 4-6 weeks. That's not going to be much fun for him, but if it helps him to feel better, than it has to be worth it. Being as my monkey is asleep, here's a photo of him being kissed by his big bro Zac - a rare moment if ever there was one.....


















I'm going to join in with:
Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Victoria, I can't believe you didn't have a practice run! This is fabby indeed. We allow 2 entries so you're ok hon! Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweat shirt, will be delighted to see Blake in it. Sorry about the lactose intolerances, my son developed it at 9 months and it was over a year before he could have food with lactose, but then he was fine and now loves milk at Thirty. Hope all goes well for you Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x