Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

A thank you gift

On Friday Zac was invited to a birthday party, yesterday I showed you the card I made for the little boy. Today I'm sharing the thank you gift I made for his Mum. My lovely downline Tracy showed me one of these boxes she'd made so I had to have a go too!


I went all bright and cheerful and used Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie. The patterned papers are Sweet and Sour Speciality - some of the papers are embossed and glossy, very yummy. I've used the Top Note die to make the box and the Fun Flowers big Shot die for the decoration. The box itself is / was filled with yumy Thorntons chocolates. Here's a close up of the flower:


You can see I've used both the Perfect Polka Dots and the Square Lattice Embossing Folders. I'm loving being able to add texture to my projects now. The Pumpkin Pie button is from the Brights selection.

Don't forget I have my Big Shot bundle offer on until the end of this month, so if you've been toying with the idea of the Big Shot - it makes it very much worth your while. See the post at the top of my blog for more details.

hugs
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Fab box, I've seen some of these floating about too. I think I'll have a go at one in the not too distant future.

    Very brave colour combo!
    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautifully bright combo i love it, i have had mambo and pie in my collection for a while never thought of putting them together, if it was a dress i probably wouldnt wear it any way it just goes to show you dont know unless you try x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice gift to give to someone and such bright colours. Lovely creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and those flowers...fabulous job! I'm linking this up on Practical Scrapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Victoria your gift box is the sweetest I love those colours ...just like juicy friuts when I was a kid (You probably don't remember that far back do you !!! lol)
    Thanks for joining the DCD DT call good luck darling
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x