Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Something Beginning With C

Ooh more fabby sunshine, it does make me smile! Today I have a fun card to share with you. My Hubby's cousin turns 40 this week - nice to see her catching up with me and this is the card I've made for her:

I've used Basic Black card for the base - it's a five inch square card and the inside is a layer of Melon Mambo. The letters and crown are both chipboard from the Alphabet Soup set and On Board Mix and Match. I'm thinking it would have looked better if I'd filed down the edges of the chipboard but you live and learn! I daubed Whisper White ink onto the chipboard and left it overnight to dry before daubing on plenty of Melon Mambo ink to create this lovely in your face pink on black card.

The crown is because she is off to London to celebrate and I know she'll be visiting Buckingham Palace as her daughter will insist on it! I just had to add some self adhesive rhinestone gems to the crown.

I'm going to pop this in Cupcake Craft Challenge this week and wave hello at my old teamies and say hello to the newbies there this week too. You'll rock girls - well you'll have no choice with Fluff in charge! Oh, their challenge is 'something beginning with C' - Crown!!

Toodle pip
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Simple yet striking! Gotta love hot pink & black together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jelly, Fluffster here! I/m loving this pink creation and your brilliant C element. You are too cool for school. see you soon. Oh and thanks for joining us for Cakeover week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jelly! What a fab card you have made!! Love the pink and the crown is fab!! You're so right about the Fluffster!! LOL
    Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fab card Victoria. Love the pink n black combo - 2 of my fave colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Victoria! That is lovely. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A striking card Jelly, I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, Victoria! Brilliant idea and I love the colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x