Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

Stampin' Up! Domestic Goddess Recipe Box

EDITED TO ADD: Doh - how did I not notice I'd spelt recipes wrong? Maybe it's all about my love of pies! Quick re-glue job to do tomorrow then!

I've had a much needed afternoon of crafting today. I designed a recipe index card box a while back and will enjoy making it at my Cupcake Class on 12th May. In the meantime I can show you my Domestic Goddess version:


It's such a sturdy box and holds tons of standard sized cards and envelopes. The tutorial will be available from tomorrow so please pop back for that and the cupcake version too! I've used Crumb Cake card teamed up with the Domestic Goddess Designer papers. Aren't they fun? The letters are stamped from Letter It and cut out with Brights Brads popped between them.


I love these papers, the colours, the patterns and pictures. Can't understand why it's taken me until now to use them. I've punched this mixing bowl out of the patterned papers using the 2" x 1 3/8" Oval Punch and layered it with a frame from Sizzlits Lots of Tags. Here's a side view:


You can see I've decorated the inside with the Designer papers too - do you like the flip top lid?


Here's a better look at the inside. There are four dividers, although you could easily add more and it's got four packets of Stampin' Up! Whisper White C6 envelopes inside to give you an idea of it's size.

I had to make some fun cards to match using cut outs from one of the sheets of patterned paper:


I typed up the sentiments on the PC and printed direct on to sheets of A4 Crumb Cake card. I made two more:


I hope you can read the sentiments OK, if not just click on the pictures to see a bigger view. I wanted to show you that sometimes you don't need sentiment stamps, lots of dies and clever stamps to make fun cards. Just the basics!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs
 
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous - that paper is so pretty and looks amazing with kraft, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...can't believe it's been so long. Looks like you've been having tons of fun with SU! Love your fabulous project...the cards are so fun!!
    Hugs~
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab box and I just love those cut outs on the cards-great work.
    The little wheelie is about 6 inches high - got mine from The Range and yes they have pink!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Victoria - what an amazing project!! & those cards are super fun, thanks for making me chuckle :) xxx (p.s. your cupcake card below is delightful!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super box for your cards and I love the humour on the ones you've made. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the funky crumb cake cards! We used to say..touch the dust but don't write the date. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x