Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

In Colour Baking

Boo-hiss we've now all got coughs and sore throats in this house. Zac is home from school and didn't get to go dressed up but I'll share more of that with you tomorrow. Earlier this week I did a spot of baking. Mainly because I thought I'd try my hand at some dairy free goodies for Blake to enjoy. He didn't by the way!

Anyway said baked goods inspired me to create this:





















I wanted to go for a blueberry look and rather than turn to the Blueberry Crisp DSP which looks more denim to me, I opted for Concord Crush. So the large spotty paper is from the level one hostess gift In Colour DSP stack teamed up with coordinating Concord Crush Stitched Poly ribbon (flippin' eck do you get plenty on the reel!). Then to create my blueberry (not to be confused with blue jelly) girl I stamped the sweet from Something Sweet in Concord Crush and created the girl by using All in The Family in Crumb Cake and Concord Crush. Had to use Crumb Cake as I'd been baking you see. To make it look a bit more like a sweet, I added Crystal Effects over the ink to create a raised and glazed look:






















The sentiment is stamped from Something Sweet too and popped in a Hodgepodge frame and held in place with rhinestone brads from Circle Fire:



















I used Crystal Effects again on the sweet in the centre. So do you want to see the fruits of my labour? I'm going to share anyway.....




I thought I'd share the various stages of baking, I was so worried they wouldn't rise or that they'd be like bricks when they came out of the oven, but no. They are fluffy, light and just scrummy and gooey where the blueberries have cooked.

Here's a yummy close up and the photo that inspired my card:


















Blake will eat the cakey parts of the muffins but picked out all the blueberries - how typical is that? If you'd like the recipe you can find it HERE. I substituted the soya milk in the recipe for oat milk and didn't add the lime juice.

Back tomorrow,
Hugs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These look scrummy, Victoria! They wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the call the other day, so good to catch up with you. The muffins look lovely, it's making me want to get back in the kitchen! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x