Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Stampin' Up! Easy Wedding Event

My lovely friend Theresa got married a ouple of weeks ago and she'd made all her own wedding stationery but ran out of time towards the big day and asked if I'd mind helping out with a few wedding favours. I loved her Stampin' Up! colour theme of Island Indigo and Very Vanilla:


I used the Pillow Box Big Shot die and embossed half of it with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder then simply wrapped around some Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and tied in a knot.

I had to make the happy couple a card to match:


I loved the result and putting it next to some of the favour boxes made me happy - I'm easily pleased y'know. I used the fab Stampin' Up! stamp set Easy Events - it's a great set with images and sentiments for a number of occasions. I stamped the wedding wishes image in Island Indigo and then lightly dragged colour across the birds and leaves using a Blender Pen. Here's a better look:


I know I say it a lot but I do love how Stampin' Up! products coordinate so well, so easy to put simple cards together with the colour matching card, ink, ribbons and designer papers. I decorated the inside too:


Simply done with a stamped image from Petite Pairs - which is perfect for cards as you get a sentiment you could use on the front and one to go on the inside too. Again perfect for many occasions. I just added a matching strip of designer paper to the bottom and all done. Congratulations to the new Mrs & Mrs Wilson, can't wait to see the photos from the day.

Hope you all have a great weekend planned? I've got a stall booked at a ladies pamper evening at Ravenshead Village Hall on Saturday evening - why not come along, get a spot of pampering and talk to me about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator too. I'm there from 7pm - 9pm.

Hugs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love the results too - the embossing is genius! Perfect card as well, delightful & stylish, have a great weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the embossing just lifts the favours to another level. Stylish and elegant. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x