Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Stampin' Up! Floral District Lamp and Flowers

Blimey it's cold today. We celebrated Bonfire Night last night with the boys as James has a badminton match tonight and all the organised displays are too late for a school night tomorrow. So Spark came home armed with a box of whizz pops and the mini beasts loved watching them go up. Although Zac did give us strict instructions that all fireworks had to be attached to a piece of wood and children must stand behind the tape! Obviously been learning about bonfire night safety at school.

I'm sharing with you some projects made using the Floral District Designer Papers today. Nice warm colours to chase away the cold weather. It's a lamp shade and a pot of flowers. I got the lamp at a charity shop for £1.50, the original shade was pleated cream plastic, covered in dust and stains - yuk!

Stampin_Up_Demonstrator

The flower pot was already mine, what a perfect colour! I made a template by rolling it on a piece of brown paper (I get a lot of packaging paper as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator) and then drew around it onto the Floral District Designer Paper and stuck it in place with Tombow.

Stampin_Up_Demonstrator

The flowers have all been die cut using the Fun Flowers Bigz Die in the papers and matching card stock. I stuck them to wooden skewers using a hot glue gun and popped them in the pot using a circle of card with holes pierced in it. No need to weight it down.

Stampin_Up_Demonstrator

I made the lamp shade in a similar way. Laid out some brown packaging paper. Then I took great pleasure in ripping off the original shade leaving a blank wire base to work with. Again I rolled it on the brown paper and drew around it to create my template. The template was too big for one sheet of 12"x12" paper so I had to line it up across two. Next I covered the wire frame with Sticky Strip and then carefully rolled the frame with Floral District Designer Paper. To finish I stuck 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Rich Razzleberry around the top and bottom edges.

Stampin_Up_Demonstrator

I actually quite like this but I won't tell you what The Spark had to say about it as it's not at all printable. Once he realised it was only for my Stampin' Up! displays he changed his tune and informed me 'it's technically brilliant'. Hmmm. I won't be popping a light bulb in here though as I'm not sure using Stampin' Up! paper alone would be fireproof!

Hugs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely project Victoria, you do have a way of thinking "outside" the box xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love all these items, you have really added colour to a yukky lamp,well done for saving it and making it pretty you have done a fab job x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x