Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Inky Fingers and the stripey monsta

It's not often I do two posts in one day but I just had to today! I'd already posted when I saw the challenge this week over at Less is More to create a one layer card using inks (not ink pads!). Well it got me in a proper pickle and I can tell you that the card I'm showing you is number 4. The first 3, well lets just say have been confined to the B1N file!

Here is the state of my desk as got inky:


This is the first time I've put my reinkers to use as I haven't even had to use them to freshen up an ink pad yet! Here you can see the inks before they dried:


I didn't have any glossy white card so instead I used a piece of the 12x12 card that comes in the designer paper packs and cut it down to 5" square card. Next I stamped the large flower from Growing Green in Versamark ink and heat embossed using the white powder. Then I used an aqua brush to 'flood' each area f petal with water then dropped Riding Hood Red and More Mustard inks in - again a petal at a time. I've seen this technique used before where you spray the entire area with water before adding the inks, but I wanted to contain my inks within the stamped area - not let it seep on to the white area of card!

I heat embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder as didn't want to spoil the card after all my effort with a smudged sentiment!! Here it is finished and dry:


I've been out with the boys this afternoon to see some crafty friends who had an open house today. They had some older girls and I can't thank them enough for looking after Zac and Blake in the garden - Blake was on a mission to fall in the pond! Anyway, I couldn't resist this cute lil' monsta and had to buy him:
 

Now I apologise for the side on view, but no matter what I do, blogger will not put my monsta the right way around!

Hugs

Pin It

35 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Victoria. Your colours are fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Victoria, with a terrific technique... but we didn't say you couldn't use inkpads!
    I think I'll have a go of this technique myself... this card looks wonderful.
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Victoria and I'm sure the monster has been well received. Speak soon off to Frankfurt this week!!! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omygosh, this is so beautiful! The close-up shows just how gorgeous it must be in real life. Thanks for the tutorial; I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo beautiful!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow-Victoria this is absolutely gorgeous.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! A stunning card, I love the technique you used it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great idea and stunning colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Victoria - I will def try this technique - it looks great x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria

    Wow what a stunning card love what you've done its so striking.

    Hugs

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Victoria - what a great technique ! That is a lovely image too.
    hugs
    wynneth#x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, I love it1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely magnificent!! I really like this technique - I think the resulting shading always looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW ... Victoria this a a gorgeous card!! I've never tried that technique but I may have to dig out that SU! set and give it a go. You really pinned this challenge. Well Done!!
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Victoria,, Fabulous card, love the vibrant colors, love it! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Victoria, love the colours you've used. Might have to have a go at this technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is really stunning :) Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Victoria, superb effect
    id not want your fingers though lol
    Who said 'no ink pads' ha ha
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card and the colours are so vibrant! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card! Love the colours and the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovey card with such fabulous vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic vibrancy in your card, like stain glass. I don't have any re inkers yet but they look great using them like this. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve the monsta! And luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve the card. :)
    xxx
    P.S. Blake in the pond? Really?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, this is gorgeous, looks like I'll have to start having lessons for stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning vibrant card, lovely design and colours, must give this a go, so beautiful, thanks for sharing. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Victoria! Love the colours and fab technique :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous effect from this technique, almost like stained glass. Love the stamping up the edge:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous! It caught my eye in the entries on Less is More - great color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card, love the technique you've used. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love what you've achieved with the reinkers. Well worth the effort. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful card, good ides to use the embossing to control the inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x