Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Stampin' Up! Swallowtail Art

Can't believe I looked out of the window earlier and it was snowing again, still it's stopped now so fingers crossed we're not getting a white-over again this weekend. On a brighter note, playing around with the reinker technique has got me creating so many  different projects using different stamps and this is one of my favourites. Our walls are still quite bare at home so I've been busy making some 'art' to make it feel more like home. 

Here's a creation using the new Swallowtail stamp from the Spring / Summer Seasonal Catalogue:

Stampin_Up

I used a 12"x12" sheet of Marina Mist card and added a strip of Patio Party Designer Paper down the side - would have been rude not to as it has images of butterflies all over it.

I made a big ink pad using reinkers in Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Lucky Limeade. You can see my video tutorial on how to do this HERE. The only difference this time was that I covered the stamp in Versamark Ink before pressing onto the ink pad. This ensures when you stamp onto Whisper White card that the coloured ink sits on the card first with the sticky Versamark ink on top. Next cover it with Clear Embossing powder and set with the Heat Tool.

Then it's time to get messy, grab your Brayer and coat in Midnight Muse ink and brayer lots over your image. Then grab some tissue and rub over to remove any excess ink from the image and trim to whatever size you want it.

I added lots of Basic Rhinestones for some bling.


The letters are stamped in Melon Mambo using Letter It alphabet stamps and cut out - again more Basic Rhinestones added between the letters. I've used the Stampin' Up! strap line 'Inspire, Create. Share'.

Stampin_Up

More tomorrow - so much to share I could pop!
Hugs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x