Pages

Thursday 12 July 2012

Stampin' Up! Everyday Enchantment Chalkboard

 I bought some chalk boards for the boys a while back and found I still had one loitering in the back of my cupboard in the room of craft. Decided it would look much prettier tarted up for me to use it instead!


I covered the frame with Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Papers and the sides of the frame in a contrasting colour (doesn't show on photos). Next  cut and stuck some more of the papers to the board itself and added a decorative strip of Pool Party card punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.

A much missed item from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book is the chipboard. You can find it on page 103 by the way! I've used letters from On Board Alphabet Soup and covered then with Everyday Enchantment papers, sanded the edges using Distressing Essentials (page 113 if you want it) and daubed round the edges with some Poppy Parade ink and a Sponge Dauber (also page 113). Just used Tombow to stick to the chalk board as this is such a strong glue.


Now because this is for me, I had to add a butterfly. Mainly because Blake asked me to and being as he was in charge of the Big Shot I wasn't prepared to argue as Commander Chaos can scream much louder than Jelly!


We used the Stampin' Up! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies die and the Square Lattice embossing folder to add some texture. Finished off with a few Self Adhesive Pearls. The sentiment is from Notably Ornate and punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch.

Lots to do today, madly doing last minute prep for the Summer Crafting show at Doncaster this weekend!

Hugs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x