Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

It's All About The cake

Aw - I have had an absolute blast over half term with my boys. We've had so much fun that I'm a little sad they are back at school today. On the bright side I've managed to tidy up without kneeling on any Lego or tripping over any Minecraft cubes. 

So today I'm going to share with you some baking. I know!

You know that feeling when you see something on Pinterest and you think - wow, how hard can it be and then pin to an appropriate board and forget you even put it there? No? Just me?

Well that's just what i did and then some time ago I found it and I had a go!

Here's what I made:

ice_cream_Cup_Cakes

Ice Cream Cup Cakes, amazing. Here's the recipe I followed if you want to have a go:

ice_cream_Cup_Cakes

Here they are in the quite tidy and organised 'making' process, note I used the recipe not a packet mix like I normally would. Must of been going through a  Great British Bake Off moment of madness.

ice_cream_Cup_Cakes

Loving the flat bottomed ice cream cones - who knew?
I'll admit and confess to using pre -made topping although I did shove it in a piping bag and get all messy and stuff, seriously those of you who bake properly - how on earth do you cope with the clean up? It looked like Mary berry had been drinking way too much and collided with the entire contents of the baking isle in Sainsburys and left it in my kitchen for me to clear up.

Anyway - here are my finished lovelies - ooh I forgot to mention I amended the recipe and chucked in some powdered chocolate in place of some of the flour for fear of Blake not touching anything none chocklity!

ice_cream_Cup_Cakes

And here are the Mini Beasts scoffing their way through the first batch.

ice_cream_Cup_Cakes

Theirs is all the approval I need, if however you'd like to boost my baking confidence - please do leave a lovely comment and I shall love you forever for it.

Hugs
Victoria
xxx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I might have to have a go at making some of these for my little people. They like the idea of ice-cream but it is often too cold for them, so these would be great! Well done, Victoria, they look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a real treat! They look finger lickingly scrumptious lol. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x