Welcome to a new week, hope yours is looking good.
I'm on countdown to half term now, it only feels like yesterday we were sunning it up in Lanzarote and it's only another two weeks until half term. I'd better get my planning head on and figure out some fun stuff to do with the dudes - I'll be more than happy for your input so please feel free to leave suggestions in the comments. Pretty please!
The boys kind of had a Dad day yesterday, playing games, and relaxing. OK so I did get down and help Blake create a fun world with wooden train track but to be honest I spent most of my day in the Room of Craft catching up on Project Life, well that's a fib I've not caught up but I'm on the case at least.
I'm going to share with you one of the pages I created, it made me smile so much because I was using stash I didn't know I had. Let me explain...let's rewind to last Saturday. We have this cupboard on the upstairs landing, I guess it should have been used as a linen cupboard as any sensible family would. However when I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I used it to
shove store my retired stash and none SU stuff in. The day had to come for it to be cleared out. So last Saturday box by box I sorted through. I might add The Spark passed me a box at a time and I had him on emergency stand by in case any spiders crawled out of said boxes, perhaps the real reason I hadn't tackled the cupboard in so long!
Anyway, I found lots of old part used Simply' Scrappin' kits, some old Doodlebug papers and lovely rub ons amongst other gems and these inspired me to get creating. My lovely friend Kay baked me a whole box of cupcakes with owls on so I thought owls n cupcakes should feature in my page design.
I made my own cards for this page instead of ones from a kit. I printed the header, it's sooo easy to do, all you have to do is set your page layout in MS word or whatever to 6x4". Add your text, cut your card to 6x4" and pop it through your printer setting print to 6x4 too.
Here's one of the cards mid make. Good old owl punch, could never part with it. Everything else is from a scrap kit, all pre-cut and self adhesive, simples. The finished page.....Ta Da:
A close up so you can see the font I used on the header, I could have fibbed really and pretended I'd doodled it but the savvy amongst you would probably have spotted it.
I may try and squeeze in a bit more project life today but I have chores to do and sewing orders which must come first.