Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

Stampin' Up! Project Life meets Birthday card

Aw yesterday Blake and Zac went to their friend Sophia's Birthday party. They were so lucky with the weather as it was a garden party with a bouncy castle. It absolutely chucked it down for the first ten minutes and then the sun shone for them all for the rest of the afternoon. So they went with a gift and of course a handmade Birthday card:

Stampin_Up

I wasn't really sure what to make, with so many of my stamp sets having retired I don't really have anything girlie, although lots of flowers etc. So I flicked through my Project Life cards and found this cute cloud one. It's 4" square so I layered it up on a 5" square Melon Mambo card and then wondered what the heck to do next! I figured her name would be good and have to say I am LOVING Metro Type Alphabet set, it's one of the new Polymer sets from Stampin' Up! and I was a bit cautious about the whole none rubber thing - but do you know what they are fabulous and really easy to work with too. I stamped the letters on to our Whisper White card and cut them out. Happy so far.

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator we get the fun job (job - ha!) of pre-ordering stuff when new catalogues come out and I was particularly taken with a couple of the hostess exclusive stamp sets Hello Love and Nuts About You. I've used elements from both sets on here and paper pieced the spotty bird with Melon Mambo Designer Papers.

At a Stampin' Up! training event (see - job my eye) I was lucky enough to win on prize patrol (yep,  we get to win prizes too!) and another stamp set and Project Life accessory kit fell into my mitts. The cute shiny pink heart is from the set and I popped it in place with a little blob of Tombow glue.

Stampin_Up

To finish I pierced holes around the card and added faux stitching using the Chalk Marker. Now I really NEED to spend a couple of hours sorting out the Room of craft so I can get in here a bit more often and create, something I know I am going to want to do over the next six weeks in the evenings once the boys are tucked up in bed!

Hugs
Victoria
x
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x