Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Sprinkled Postage

Now then, Valentine's is nearly upon us and usually I make just the one item for the event - y'see James is the one for me and always will be. However this year I may be tempted to make something for my boys and also I have a Valentine's craft fair coming up so I'd better get busy for that too! Anyhoo, for Hubby I have made a card and chocolate set:


I know my colour combo of Regal Rose, Tangerine Tango, Poppy Parade and Crumb Cake is a bit girlie for something created to give to Hubby, but it's me that's going to enjoy admiring it on the shelf in the living room more than him, so it needs to be eye candy for me too! Here's the card:


So, I've embossed the lower half of the card with the Stripes Embossing Folder and added a strip of Regal Rose DSP trimmed in Tangerine Tango which has been edged with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Now the image is a mix of stamps:


The sentiment is from the Sale-A-Bration set Sprinkled Expressions, inked up with Markers before stamping and the cute 'lil bunny is from Perfect Postage in the Spring Mini. Punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and mounted on a piece of Poppy Parade card that has been embossed with the Designer Frames Folder and ahem, carefully cut out by hand. I was worried I'd ruin it at this stage but I think my cutting out is OK!

Finally a plastic card box (not Stampin' Up!) crammed full of choccy bars (16 to be exact). Not my choc bar of choice by a long shot but for some reason Hubster likes it - me I'm more of a Hotel Chocolate kinda girl - just in case Hubster pops on for a visit! I made a coordinating insert and wrap.


The box insert has been embossed too but it doesn't show up on the photo. Take my word for it!

Now, my lovely friend Susie is closing her shop and also running the last challenge on her challenge blog Die Cut Dreams. Now I've been on the design team for Susie twice and loved it so I absolutley have to enter this last challenge which is to use pink, red and hearts. Thanks for the laughs along the way Susie - enjoy spending oodles more time with your family.

Hugs
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. so cute you should enter this at decorate to celebrate valentine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering our final challenge at Die Cut Dreams, great to have you as a participant! Hope to see you around blogland in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us on our last challenge at DCD
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic creation, love that sweet image an sentiment, thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cakecrumb mans it up actually. I want end of day photo's of the choklit contained please! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x