Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Craft Box Party Gift

Ooh the weather is so bright and sunny today, a contrast to the last few days! I've been to a birthday party today with Zac. It was his little friend Darcy's 4th Birthday and I was really struggling to think of a gift to buy her. I am of course an expert when it comes to buying anything Star Wars or Lego related but figured Darcy is more of a fan of things pink and girlie. Hmm, then it came to me in a flash - I'm a Stampin' Up! demo, what better gift can I give.....


Than a personalised birthday card and a matching craft box filled with Stampin' Up! stash? The card measures 6" square and I loved making it as I got to play with the Little Princess stamp set I earnt at Convention last year.


I've used Crumb Cake card for the base and then the same combo I've used a few times recently, Pool Party, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose. The letters are die cut using the Simple Alphabet Big Shot dies (glad she doesn't have a long name!) and the princess is coloured with Markers to match:


I stamped the princess and cake in Stazon and coloured before cutting out and layering on a 1 3/4" circle and the new 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch. The number is die cut from the Sizzlits set Timeless Type Junior Alphabet. Then I've added a strip of So Saffron Designer paper and layered on some Regal Rose card, edged with the Scallop Trim Border punch.

I found a box base in my cupboard but no lid, so made one using the stiff white card that comes in the paper packs. Then decorated it to match the card.


Here are the contents:


I filled it with things to match the card, a mini ink pad, a single heart stamp, lots of die cuts, ribbons and buttons. Underneath are A5 sheets of card and designer papers. I made some 3" square cards and added envelopes too. Finally a few stamped sentiments punched out for Darcy to stick on her projects. So easy to put together and agreat kids gift.

Oh, and here is Zac enjoying the party:






Have a fab weekend
Hugs

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. OMG Vic..... Zac looks so grown up !! And he's so handsome he's gonna break some hearts when he's a little older.
    And your party gift is fab
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant idea, so cute, i'd love to get a birthday gift like that :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one perfecto card and gift combo! Well done you. Looks like Zac had a great time too. Hope his tooth is ok. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Victoria and the gift is a bril idea. Zac looks like he's have a good time :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x