Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

Colouring on Kraft Card Photo Tutorial

Ah, it's been a busy morning for me, parcelling up craft goodies to send out and also Scentsy fragrance packages too - all go! So I wanted to do a spot of creating to chill out once my jobs for the day were done.

Do you know I sat down and wasn't sure what to do! Since I resigned from my Stampin' Up! demonstrator role, I just create for me as and when I want rather than to showcase new products etc. Sometimes I'm finding Jelly gets a little bit stuck! Then I remembered before the likes of Pinterest what I used to do when I got stuck.....join in a blog challenge. I turned to one of the ones I really used to enjoy taking part in Less is More and saw today's challenge is to create a one layer card featuring a beverage. Fabulous.

I have the perfect stamp, I got it free with a magazine and at last a reason to ink it up:

Scentsy

I've used Crumb cake card and rounded off the corners and stamped my image and sentiment too. I thought I'd show you how to create the look so if it's new to you, you can have a go too.

Stamp the image and then use a craft white ink pad and a blender pen to colour in the image and wait to dry (or cheat and use a heat tool if you're an impatient so and so like me).

Use any pens to colour the image, I've used a mix of markers and alcohol pens.

Scentsy

I wasn't quite happy with the finish so I used a chalk pen to add some polka dots to the tea cup - much happier!

Scentsy

Of course thanks to them inspiring me I'm popping in to the Less is More challenge too, why not join in?

I'm off to watch a Thomas the Tank Engine film now and get plenty of snuggles, Zac and Blake both have colds and coughs and aren't up to much today, the joys of a new school year.

Hugs
Victoria
x
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you at LIM again - lovely card and thanks for the tips on how to create the look.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO good to see you joining in with us again Victoria... I'm sure everyone will be delighted to see you back.
    This is fabbo!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I like the way your colored your card and the explanation how you did it. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely image and I love the way you've coloured it. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria what lovely vibrant colours on the kraft, thank for the tip on how to do this
    Thank you for joining our challenge this week at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous image and technique for colouring.
    Stunning CAS card and thrilled you've joined the challenge
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. The image is just brilliant. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card and a new to me technique, that I'll have to try out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x